Feel at home with us
- Hostel Ruthensteiner is the perfect place to stay in Vienna. Since 1968 it has been Vienna’s first independent backpacker’s hostel with a friendly, international atmosphere in a smoke-free environment. “One of a kind and not one of a chain”, our homey hostel is family run and ideal for individual travelers or small family groups. See what other guests said in their reviews.
- FREE WIFI, FREE Internet PCs and iPads for rent- It has never been so easy to contact your folks back home!
- Newly renovated, our early 1800′s historical building is just a stone’s throw from the Westbahnhof train station and between the City Center and the lovely Palace Schoenbrunn. It is both centrally located and in a quiet side street and with a beautiful garden where travelers can rest their bodies and refresh their souls.
- “Cleanliness & friendliness” is our motto! Helping you feel at home is our passion!
- Low Season Special: Dormbeds from 10 Euros!
Our Hostel Vienna NEWS
"Nothing special. Thinking about..." on Lyneka Little's post on Hostel Ruthensteiner's wall.
If you´re in Vienna between December 5th - 12th and are interested in humam rights, check out the Film Festival "This Human World". Movies from all over the world in different cinemas around Viena:
Tiffany and Brendan where staying in our Hostel (in the lovely Appartement) and where cooking there and going for a lovely meal in a lovely close-by Restaurant that we recommand to our guests. Allthough the did not like the pan in our kitchen :D we will show you what they have to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DErmYk2XhVg
The International Filmfestival for Human Rights - THISHUMANWORLD - from 5th to 12th December 2013 here in Vienna - come and join in!
Visit the big International Snowboard /Ski City Jump & Music Festival at the Vienna Danube Island.... FRIDGE FESTIVAL
next weekend (22nd and 23rd November 2013)
Hi everyone!! Christmas markets open up in Vienna offcially today! If you´re around, don´t miss the chance to try out some hot wine - "Glühwein" and yummy appetizers ;)
Our partner hostel Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown made a new video! Check it out! ;-)
We hope you like our new Hostel Video :)
300 movies in 14 days!! Can you make it?!? Vienna International Film Festival. Check it out!!
This magical, multilingual world named "music", that speaks to everybody´s heart and fascinates all ages and cultures. Almost impossible not to get a goose flesh. . .
"Vienna truly is a gem. Its..." on their own link.
Number #1! Come and find out for yourself ;)
"Can´t wait to welcome you, Rql!! ;)" on their own link.
"Yeah! Come all! We have space..." on their own link.
"Bus or train connection?" on Alex Howie's post on Hostel Ruthensteiner's wall.
"It was great having you guys yesterday at the Hostel Ruthensteiner! Come back anytime and Matt & Eleonora send their best regards!!!" on George Ireland & The Willy Nillies's timeline.
Do you want to know about our hostel from someone who stayed with us? Read this blog and look forward to planning your trip to Vienna! ;-)
Like travelling? Like writing? Write about a european city and win a free flight + accomodation!
"Then come back, Carlo!!! We..." on their own link.
I know, I know... it´s October Fest time!! And all eyes and beers are in Munique! But if you´re in Vienna and wanna have a taste of Austrian folk´s party, you can´t miss the Wiener Wiesn Festival! Open daily from 11a.m to 12p.m until October 6th.
Vienna Design Week from Sept. 27th to Oct. 6th!!
If you´re in town, check out the 6th edition of the festival, that brings different exhibitions, presentations and lectures to the topics industrial, furniture and product design ;)