Hello dear beautiful travelers, backpackers, seekers and others!
Vienna’s best Hostel is opening on 1st of June 2021!
We are preparing our Hostel with Hygiene Measures, new safety procedures for the time to come – stay tuned here to find out more!
Follow our activities on https://www.instagram.com/viennahostel/
Make sure to secure a FLEXIBLE booking here on our website (cancel up to 24h in advance) so you get the nicest beds when everything is over! Prices may never be so low again 🙂 !!!
Feel at home with us
- Handmade with lots of love, safe and called Austria’s best Hostel by Hostelworld 2019 and 2020 Hostel Ruthensteiner has been providing world travelers with a place to meet, kick back & enjoy since 1968.
- Beautiful common spaces & gardens (complete with local artwork & furniture-creations), musical instruments for guest use (amazing jam sessions!), a cozy bar (make new friends), a fully equipped guest kitchen and arguably the coolest, most helpful staff in the city…in short, Hostel Ruthensteiner is the perfect Vienna base for solo and small-group travelers of all ages. But don’t take our word for it: check out what our guests are saying!
- FREE High Speed WIFI, FREE Internet PC and iPads for rent– it has never been so easy to contact your folks back home!
- GREAT LOCATION- Our newly renovated, early 1800’s historic building is just a stone’s throw from the Westbahnhof Metro&Train Station, with both the historic city center and the lovely Palace Schönbrunn just a quick metro ride or pleasant stroll away. Our house is on a peaceful side street just around the corner from the beautiful Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna’s most popular shopping & strolling avenue – another destination not to be missed on any Vienna visit!
- Low Season Special: Dormbeds from 10 Euros!
…we got BLOGGED!
Here’s what a few of our favorite travel bloggers have to say:
”Hostel Ruthensteiner was refreshingly personal, cosy and fun. While brainstorming about an article on the hostel, me and my friends decided to list the positives and negatives. However, we ended up with a long list of positives…”
”After a smooth check in I meander deeper into the hostel and find not one but two interior gardens, where peaceful plants climb the walls and wrap oak benches, tables and chairs in a soft embrace. A hand carved, oversized wooden chess set sits on the patio and groups of weary, contented travelers relax with a drink…”
– from ‘Hostel Ruthensteiner: Original and Independent Vienna’ by Lauren Salisbury of Something In Her Ramblings
– Lucas & Ludmilla, Mochilas en Viaje
” I fell in love with the magnificent artwork all around the hostel. Art is a prominent part of Vienna’s culture and the hostel reflects an understanding of the culture by featuring various pieces of art from both domestic and international artists.”
”Hostel Ruthensteiner has a great bar that is rounded which makes it nearly impossible to not make friends with those sitting around you because you are nearly looking at them anyhow. The hostel is not a party hostel, but rather more of a relaxed atmosphere setting where gentle music plays when someone in the common area is not entertaining with one of the musical instruments hanging on the wall…”
– Stephen ‘Beaver’ Harris, Official Europe’s Famous Hostels Ambassador