Feel at home with us
- Handmade with lots of love, Hostel Ruthensteiner has been providing world travelers with a place to meet, kick back & enjoy since 1968. Our unique hostel features beautiful common spaces & gardens (complete with local artwork & furniture-creations), musical instruments for guest use (amazing jam sessions!), a cozy bar (make new friends), a fully equipped guest kitchen¬†and arguably the coolest, most helpful staff in the city…in short, Hostel Ruthensteiner¬†is¬†the perfect Vienna base for solo and small-group travelers of all ages. But don‚Äôt take our word for it: check out what our guests are saying!
- FREE WIFI, FREE Internet PCs and iPads for rent– it has never been so easy to contact your folks back home!
- GREAT LOCATION-¬†Our newly renovated, early 1800‚Äôs historic building is just a stone‚Äôs throw from the Westbahnhof Metro&Train Station, with both¬†the historic city center and the lovely Palace Sch√∂nbrunn¬†just a quick metro ride or pleasant stroll away.¬†Our house is¬†on a peaceful side street¬†just around the corner from the beautiful Mariahilferstrasse,¬†Vienna‚Äôs most popular shopping & strolling avenue –¬†another destination¬†not to be missed on any Vienna visit!
- Low Season Special: Dormbeds from 10 Euros!
…we got BLOGGED!
Here’s what a few of¬†our favorite travel bloggers¬†have to say:
”Hostel Ruthensteiner¬†was refreshingly personal, cosy and fun. While brainstorming about an article on the hostel, me and my¬†friends decided to list the positives and negatives. However, we ended up with a long list of positives…”
”After a smooth check in I meander deeper into the hostel and find not one but two interior gardens, where peaceful¬†plants climb the walls and wrap oak benches, tables and chairs in a soft embrace.¬† A hand carved, oversized wooden chess set sits on the patio and groups of weary, contented travelers relax with a drink…”
– from ‘Hostel Ruthensteiner: Original and Independent Vienna’ by¬†Lauren Salisbury of Something In Her Ramblings
– Lucas & Ludmilla, Mochilas en Viaje
” I fell in love with the magnificent¬†artwork all around the hostel. Art is a prominent part of¬†Vienna‚Äôs culture and the hostel reflects an understanding of the culture by featuring various pieces of art from both domestic and international artists.”
”Hostel Ruthensteiner has a great bar that is rounded which makes it nearly impossible to not make friends with those sitting around you because you are nearly looking at them anyhow. ¬†The hostel is not a party hostel, but rather more of a relaxed atmosphere setting where gentle music plays when someone in the common area is not entertaining with one of the musical instruments hanging on the wall…”
– Stephen ‚ÄėBeaver‚Äô Harris, ¬†Official Europe‚Äôs Famous Hostels Ambassador¬†